Six Late Afternoon Items
2. Huffington Post is getting into the e-book business.
3. Chris Newgent asks poets to rise up.
4. You should read Vanessa Veselka’s Zazen. It’s a fierce book. I didn’t realize this when I bought it but you can read the entire book online, for free. You should also buy it though.
5. The Awl has a really interesting essay on cookbooks as literature.
6. Kenyon Review is offering fellowships that pay $32,500 to writers with an MFA or PhD looking for some time to write and grow as a teacher.