INTERVIEW WITH NATE TYREE OF “BOOKMUNCH”
(interview after jump)
1. is it funner to tickle someone in the “poking/digging” kind of fashion or the “crab style” where you pinch methodically? and when has pinching gone too far?
Pinching Never goes too far. It’s best when your fingers come all the way together, when the flesh tears and blood starts to run. It makes a great lubricant. Cigarette burns are fun too.
2. what is the best thing to scream while walking down the street to prevent people from making direct eye contact with you?
I ate you last night. scream this at each passerby and you will start to feel perfect.
3. why do you do bookmunch and why do you write? what’s the fucking point?
No Point. I do Bookmunch cuz my buddy Pete Wild asked me. I write because it is the only thing that eases my constant agony. Life is always shit. My dog died today and these questions are the only reason I haven’t offed myself yet,
4. is it ok that i feel deified when i am alone and is it ok to never share some things with other people?
5. if you had to sled down a frozen hill and use either a dead-walrus or a dead-tree which would you use and why?
The walrus. Thinking about sledding on a dead walrus makes me hard. I used to know a girl named Becky, she fucked a walrus and that made me jealous. Not sure which of them I was jealous of.
6. i am able to interact with other people because i know exactly what they want to hear and what i have to do to get them to leave me alone but i don’t have any real feelings. what should i do? does this have anything to do with the fact that i honestly talk to my roommate’s cat more than other humans (factual)
The best thing to do is to skin yourself, use the loosened flesh to bind copies of books that you don’t want to read. Then burn yourself with cigarettes. And yeah, the cat has a lot to do with it. She called me and said that you are the only reason she doesn’t kill herself.
7. are you a girl who has mental problems and will you be my girlfriend and sit silently with me while i look at the paper and books on the floor of my room with contempt?
Yes. And yes.
8. what is the most brutal fight you have ever seen and how did it make you feel?
A guy in a play called The Tornado Lounge hit me with a pool cue. I lost a tooth. It made me hard.
9. what is the right thing to say when you walk up to a stranger and hug them from behind without his/her permission?
“Clitoris! I Haven’t seen you in years!” or ” Buck cheese! Sedentary Delight. Fuck my shoes.”
10. intriguing. do you like boxing and if so who is your favorite boxer and do you like me more than a friend?
Yes. I used to like Foreman, but he’s old now. Now I think Evander Holyfield has the best name. Baer killed people, which is cool. And yes, I like you more than a friend. I think I love you, Sam
NATE TYREE is the author of STYGIOPHILIA.