14 hands at the neck of the creature
1. This flash by Shellie Zacharia is one of the best I’ve read in a goodly while.
14. For you glazed and sootstreaked aspiring MFA/MA folks, Cathy Day writes some do’s and don’ts concerning the Statement of Purpose. Good stuff here, and made me realize (I read grad apps) most applications are very similar–they DO a lot of these DONT’S.
2. Hey, all you Slaw-Cheeks, you know what: The brouhaha over Markham’s wholesale cribbing of other writers’ work is an instructive reminder of how rarely ‘original writing’ actually is.
- In Fair Harbor we hear a Yorkie growling frantically. Gary always holds Brutus’ leash because last summer Brutus was almost killed by the high tide. This gets difficult around New York City, where law requires that human beings walk dogs. But Gary won’t let people near Brutus.
4. Dude writes stories that are Facebook updates.
5. In the first scene, Izzy (Hettienne Park) bares her breasts, and leaves them bared for a remarkably long time, as she explains that she is going to pose bare-breasted on the cover of her first book, and thereby get written about in New York Magazine.
5. I know, why don’t we all comment about what we are thankful for?! Really? Me neither. Fuck off.