14 reaminations of humor and memory
1. The Washington Post has an interesting “How to Save an Indie Bookstore” blog post here with lots of glow links to booky things.
3. Here is your Charlie Sheen metaphor of the day:
My life was a dream I couldn’t wake up from, a train I couldn’t get off of, except that I was the conductor.
The Time I Shot Andy Warhol
14. Oldie but goodie: You are about to begin reading Italo Calvino‘s new novel, If on a winter’s night a traveller. Relax. Let the world around you fade.
2. Latest (I think) Charles Yu interview:
over the world
I fear to walk in my garden,
lest I see
a pair of butterflies
disporting in the sun
among the flowers.
(“Night Rain” by Bruce Lee)
5. Do you like reality shows? Do you like poetry? Well, here you go:
6. An obvious Banksy Olympics thing: