woman reading Flowers of Evil on hanukkah night 1 has 22 thoughts
1. Baudelaire wants out like I want out–up and out.
2. Baudelaire wants god.
3. Baudelaire is looking for god in opium, hash, morphine and pussy.
4. Baudelaire is looking for god in god.
5. If ______ calls it Les Fleurs du Mal in a soft voice one more time I am going to kill him.
6. Would be cool to be a muse, but only if the poet is hot and good. Otherwise it would be gross.
7. Feel like I’ve only been a muse to yucky people.
8. Feel like if I behaved like Baudelaire it would be acting out.
9. Feel like if I behaved like Baudelaire it would seem stalker-y.
10. Would love to write a L’Invitation au voyage poem for ______, but it would be too stalker-y.
11. Feel like I need a stronger poetry clique.
12. Started calling it Les Fleurs du Mal in my head.
13. Wish Baudelaire wasn’t an Aries.
14. Afraid I am going to start rhyming if I keep reading this.
15. Can reading classic French literature ruin your work or does it always only make it better?
16. Could Baudelaire fuck after he got syphilis?
17. Did they have condoms?
18. Did the women know to pee after sex?
19. What would you do if you got a urinary tract infection? Would you have it forever?
20. People should just be allowed to go to prostitutes.
21. Prostitution should just be legal.
22. It’s fine.