1. I cannot explain how excited I was to see this film. I watched Garden State and listened through the new soundtrack to prepare for, what I figured was going to be, an emotional experience.
2. The opening monologue was a little unnecessary. (I think he says the same damn thing, like, three times throughout the whole film.)
3. Zach Braff must be one of those “California Dads” who yell obscenities in front of their children, smoke weed in the drop off lane in front their kid’s school, is an unemployed “artist,” and is constantly having an existential crisis.
4. Zach Braff seems uncomfortable with being Jewish.
5. Things I didn’t expect to see in this film: Zach Braff masturbating.
6. This is the most attractive I’ve ever seen Kate Hudson.
7. Thought it was cool when I realized that Zach Braff’s son, Tucker, (played by Pierce Gagnon) is the “Rainmaker” from Looper. (How the hell did he get into this movie?)
8. Zach Braff clearly has daddy issues. (See Garden State for further evidence.)
9. Can’t believe Zach Braff doesn’t at least have a part-time job or something. His father pays for his children’s schooling, his wife brings home the bacon, and I guess Braff just sits there and studies his lines all day.
10. What I learned from this film: God doesn’t care about your dreams.
September 4th, 2014 / 2:26 pm