March 4th, 2011 / 2:52 pm
Craft Notes & Random
9 commas, still wearable, happy turnip day
11. Yo, sonny, there is a new Diagram out.
10. The Business Insider offers 33 unusual tips to being a better writer. They seem obvious, stupid, sometimes smart, rarely unusual. OK, this was unusual:
Take a huge bowel movement every day. And you won’t see that on any other list on how to be a better writer. If your body doesn’t flow then your brain won’t flow. Eat more fruit if you have to.
14. Open Letters Monthly reviews Dead Space 2.
Gee, that’s funny. I’m stuck in some fucking room in Dead Space 1 and I keep dying and I can’t get away, too many of those screaming skeleton-looking Minotaur things and the umbrella-opening little dart-tossing rugs and of course the anorexic Edward Scissor-hands freak-os are hopping all about. I just keep dying.
8. The Decemberists ripped off all of Dr. Dre’s The Chronic.
9. When someone gives you feedback on a draft, why argue? Exactly who is going to revise that draft?
Tags: DIAGRAM, Dude who snuck beer into grad workshop guy, I like crooners, revision, Writing tips that involve the bathroom