I know there was a Tao Lin post x hours ago, but I don’t care. I have books to give away. Want to win free books? Want to grumble? Comment on this post to get one of these:
FIRST PRIZE goes to the commenter with the best* comment
SECOND PRIZE goes to the commenter with the worst* comment
THIRD PRIZE goes to the commenter who makes the MOST* comments (bonus for over 100)
each prize will be selected randomly from the (pictured) prize pool of:
*as calculated by me
(for the curious, the reason I have these books is that I pre-ordered two out of the three, then received ARCs. i bought two copies of Ken’s because I knew it would be badass)
Michael Seidlinger is giving away 5 copies of MY PET SERIAL KILLER, which is out today. Comment to enter, check back in a week to see if you won, you know the drill:
If any serial killer could “be yours”, who would it be?
I’m giving away two copies of THE SKY WENT RED WHILE HE WAS INSIDE, a small book produced by Kiddiepunk. The man behind Kiddiepunk and the cover artist/brilliant artist in general is Michael Salerno. This book is made of edited sections from CALL OUT, a novel I wrote. To enter: comment! I’ll randomly pick two people and hunt their e/meat addresses down. Thank you.
Leave a comment to enter and I’ll randomly pick a winner soon. If you want: write a three sentence story. Err spooky.
Try by Dennis Cooper and The Mechanics of Homosexual Intercourse by Lonely Christopher are up for grabs. These are courtesy of the super talented & friendly Joel Westendorf, whose photography and design work are wow. Email satorpress (at google’s mail thing) your address and I’ll pick one winner for each. NOW CLOSED.
We’re giving away some free stuff to you, our birthday party guests. We already ate the cake, so we can’t give that back (well, we could…), but we do have books & other stuffs. How this works:
We’re going to award a few random winners, and split up the stuff randomly. To throw your name in the hat, email us at our house (firstname.lastname@example.org) by October 10th!
If you’d like to add stuff to the prize pool, list it in the comments and we’ll add it below. THE GIFTS:
- 1/2 rotation in one of the top book cover ad spots for the month of November
- 1 copy of From Old Notebooks, by Evan Lavender-Smith
- 1 SIGNED copy of the new Light Boxes, by Shane Jones
- 1 copy of Everything Here Is The Best Thing Ever, by Justin Taylor
- 1 copy of AM/PM, by Amelia Gray
- 1 copy of The Complete Works of Marvin K. Mooney, by Christopher Higgs
- 1 audiobook version of The Complete Works of Marvin K. Mooney
- some random back issues of The Believer
- a couple of new books from HarperPerennial
- 1 copy of The Evolutionary Revolution, by Lily Hoang
- 1 copy of Changing, by Lily Hoang
- a random assortment of random books from Lily Hoang’s bookshelf
- 1 copy of In the Devil’s Territory, by Kyle Minor
- 5 collector’s itemish backissues of Frostproof Review #2 (includes Kevin Wilson’s story “Tunneling to the Center of the Earth,” novellas by Christopher Coake and Jennifer Spiegel, excerpt from Mark Svenvold’s book-length poem Empire Burlesque, a Molly Peacock sonnet, and reading lists from Stephen Elliott, Jim Shepard, Lee K. Abbott, Steve Almond, Aimee Bender, a water witcher, a Methodist minister, etc., etc., etc.)
- READ MORE >